The Fund for the NRV helps organizations address shared challenges in early childhood education, hunger relief, and aging in place, and provides tools to build the capacity of all NRV nonprofits to meet their missions.
For the 5th Annual GiveBigNRV Giving Day on April 18, 2018, National Bank and an anonymous donor are joining forces to match up to $10,000 in contributions made to The Fund for the NRV. Take a look below at how we're using the Fund to benefit our region through four targeted initiatives.
Nonprofit Capacity Building
The CFNRV provides tools and trainings to build the capacity of nonprofit organizations. These include:
- The GiveBigNRV platform used by over 130 agencies to raise money online
- Free, monthly Third Thursday Society trainings on nonprofit management topics
- In-depth workshops on social media, board governance, fundraising and more
Aging in Place: Encouraging Lifespan
The population of adults ages 65+ will double in the NRV by 2030. To meet the needs of our aging population we:
- Provided up to $5,000 in critical home repairs for low income adults
- Developed a workbook to help individuals proactively plan for their housing, health, transportation, financial, and social needs as they age.
Thrive: The NRV's Food Access Network
Hunger relief agencies are working together to expand the availability of nutritious foods to those in need. The network has:
- Held six workshops to share best practices, tour model facilities, and find opportunities to work together
- Developed an NRV Food Access Resource Guide with information on hunger relief agencies
First Steps: The NRV's Early Childhood
Education & Development Network
Over 60 childcare centers, social service agencies, and healthcare organizations, are working together to support NRV children and families. The network has:
- Developed monthly workshops for agency leaders to share information and make referrals.
- Worked to expand access to quality childcare and support services for all families