* We have members ranging from early teens to senior citizens who live in Blacksburg, Radford, Christiansburg, Dublin, New Castle, Newport, Narrows, Willis, Indian Valley, Floyd, Dugspur, Salem, and Elliston.
* We have 456 full music scores in our library
so we can play a wide range of music.
* We awarded our first Founder's Scholarship
to a NRV high school student at our 25th anniversary concert in 2014.
* We have a yearly budget of approximately $10,000 to cover storage, concert, and insurance costs and maintain music, band-owned instruments, and the band trailer.
* Provide an opportunity for community members to maintain or rekindle their interest in music.
* Contribute positively to the musical environment of Blacksburg and the surrounding areas by providing live performances for the community.
* Provide an opportunity for musical expression and growth among the membership. As well as, an opportunity for musicians to maintain and improve proficiency.
The band is under the direction of Music Director, Jay Durner and Associate Music Director, Steve Brown. There are no auditions and no membership fees. Your funds help us purchase new music and equipment and pay fees for our storage space, band trailer, and concert venues.
The Blacksburg Community Band, Inc. is an all volunteer community organization formed in 1989 under the auspices of the Town of Blacksburg Virginia, Department of Parks and Recreation. The band was incorporated in Virginia as a non-profit corporation in 2007. The ensemble performs in an average of 20 concerts each year throughout the New River Valley reaching over 7,000 people.