Because the NRV Needs Better Childcare
ABCs, the non-profit Alliance for Better Childcare Strategies, supports more availability, better quality, and childcare scholarships for working families.
Through recruiting new providers, supporting existing centers and their teachers, and providing scholarships for preschoolers, ABCs is enhancing the NRV’s capacity to deliver quality early education and childcare for all our young children.
During the last year, ABCs has:
- Facilitated the founding of two new childcare centers and held a seminar to recruit and support licensed family home providers.
- Supported quality improvement through close collaboration and extension of Virginia Quality.
- Held the inaugural annual professional regional symposium, Igniting Connections, bringing together public school and childcare early educators with second symposium planned for September 2018.
- Funded and supported CDA credentials for all NRV childcare educators.
- Launched Montgomery County Early Educator of the Year Annual Awards Program with second awards program spring 2018.
- Helped plan and is administering VECTR, a newly created credential bonus program for childcare educators in Giles and eventually the entire NRV.
- Launched Bridging the Gap, a scholarship program for economically disadvantaged working parents of 3- and 4-year-olds in the NRV so that all our children can benefit from high-quality early education and be prepared for success in kindergarten and in life.
A donation today makes a big difference today and tomorrow