Classical Music for All Ages in the Blue Ridge
Centered in beautiful Floyd County, Virginia’s Blue Ridge Music Festival (VBRMF) is all about bringing classical music to the Blue Ridge through concerts, events, and special programming. Our focus is on music education, especially the support of local young people, and on broadening our region’s rich musical experience by supporting a range of classical and Appalachian heritage music that is affordable and accessible for young and old alike. Every year, hundreds of residents of the Blue Ridge experience and enjoy our concerts. VBRMF, an affiliate of the Roanoke Symphony Orchestra, is an all-volunteer, non-profit organization.
Your Donations Enable Us To…
● Make classical music and a blend of classical/Appalachian heritage styles affordable and available
in our community
– in a relaxed and informal atmosphere. Since ticket sales do not cover the cost of the quality concerts we provide, we rely on donations to make up the difference.
● Provide a wide array of musical offerings
– house concerts, chamber orchestra, and ensembles – with special emphasis on reaching families and seniors. The May 19-21 “Classical Music in the Mountains” weekend includes outdoor music events, an improvisation workshop and a “Bach to Bluegrass” concert.
● Promote music education
, especially for young people, and appreciation for music. Two examples are the Blue Ridge Strings Program
-- a collaboration with the June Bug Center to provide after-school classical music instruction and enrichment - and our annual youth concert.
● Offer grants and scholarships
to support music programs and promising young musicians from the region.
● Develop stronger collaborations
with area schools and arts organizations. Current collaborators include Floyd Center for the Arts and The Floyd Junebug Center.
● Provide opportunities for young musicians
to study and perform with skilled professional mentors. This April we a
re co-sponsoring with Floyd Center for the Arts a master class in which young musicians from throughout the Blue Ridge will work with members of The Julius Quartet.
● Strengthen the area’s economy. Visitors to VBRMF events spend time and money in our community. We also hope our events can add prestige to Floyd and the entire region which is rich in musical traditions.
Your support will help us continue bringing wonderful classical music to the Blue Ridge!
*All images courtesy of VBRMF