Frequently Asked Questions for Participating Nonprofits
1. How do I get a profile page for my nonprofit organization on the site?
For organizations without a Click & Pledge Account: Go to the Nonprofit Toolkit and click on the Register Your Nonprofit and complete the form fully.
For organizations that already have a Click & Pledge Account: Go to https://help.clickandpledge.com and create a support ticket with this subject line: Change Price Plan to CFNRV.
In the ticket, please include:
Your Organization’s name
Your Organization’s Click & Pledge account number
You will be changed to the current price plan with no monthly fee and your organization will be added to the GiveBigNRV site.
2. I've submitted my nonprofit's registration form, what happens next?
1. Application Sent: Your application has been forwarded to Click & Pledge for review.
2. Click & Pledge will review the information and confirm your nonprofit status. Click & Pledge will reach out with the documentation needed to verify your nonprofit. The documentation required includes:
· 501c3 Determination Letter from IRS
· Most recently filed Form 990
· Nonprofit registration with your state/city/locality
· Your title with the organization or a scanned letter (on letterhead) from a director, officer or trustee, authorizing you to create and maintain a merchant account for the organization.
3. Two to Three Business Days: Once your application has been approved, please allow two to three business days for the account to be opened.
4. Click & Pledge Account Activation: Click & Pledge will send a "Welcome" email notifying you that your Click & Pledge account is ready to use with instructions on getting started.
5. GiveBigNRV Profile Activation: Your nonprofit's profile page will be uploaded on the GiveBigNRV website. You will receive notification and instructions on how to customize your profile page including uploading a video, sharing your organization’s mission and highlighting the areas of need. You may also contact the Community Foundation to sign up for a training session and learn more about the GiveBigNRV site overall.
3. My application for GiveBigNRV is pending. Who do I contact?
Please submit a support ticket to Click & Pledge here.
4. Is there a limited time that I can receive donations through the site?
No, donors will be able to make gifts to your organization through the GiveBigNRV site at any time. The Community Foundation also hosts an annual GiveBigNRV Giving Day each April to encourage the community to visit the site and make a contribution. Participating nonprofits will be encouraged to push donors to their pages on that day and will be eligible for grants and prizes based on the number of donors participating.
5. How much does it cost for a nonprofit to participate?
There is no set-up fee to participate and no monthly fee. Nonprofits enroll through a simple online registration form and receive an individual merchant account for donations to be directly deposited into the nonprofit's bank account. Like any other online transaction service, a credit card fee is assessed based on card type as follows:
Credit Cards- Visa, MasterCard, American Express & Discover and E-checks 3.75% + $0.37 per transaction and a $1.50 per batch deposit (maximum 1 per day). The batch deposit occurs each day that any gift is deposited to the nonprofit's bank account regardless of the size or how many gifts in the day's deposit. There are no monthly or annual fees.
6. What makes an organization eligible to participate through GiveBigNRV?
Eligible organization must be state-registered, 501c3 nonprofits based in and/or serving the New River Valley (the counties of Floyd, Giles, Montgomery, Pulaski and the City of Radford). The Community Foundation is informed of all nonprofits registering to participate and reserves the right to reject any organization that it believes violates the mission and values of the CFNRV. Units of local government, such as schools or libraries, may also join GiveBigNRV.
7. How do I know if my nonprofit is a 501(c)(3) organization?
You should have received an IRS determination letter indicating your 501c3 charitable status. You can also check your status via services like Guidestar.
8. Is GiveBigNRV secure?
The GiveBigNRV donation platform partner, Click & Pledge, offers a PCI, Level 1 controlled security environment that allows us to pass secure information, like a bank routing number, on to the merchant bank partner, TSYS. For more details on Click & Pledge Security, click here.
9. What information does TSYS need to set up my merchant bank account?
The U.S. Patriot Act, passed in 2001, requires financial institutions to collect certain personal information from individuals and organizations opening a new account. This includes:
2. Date of birth
4. Identification number -- a taxpayer identification number for American citizens or a government-issued document for noncitizens.
Click & Pledge keeps this information on file in case questions in the future arise.
10. How do I log in to my account?
Learn more about how to login here.
11. How do I add a new user or what do I do when no one can log in to an existing account?
Organizations can easily add new users or get information on an existing account, if the account information has been lost or the person managing your account has left your organization.
12. How do I setup my nonprofit’s profile page?
Login by clicking the login button in the top right corner. Then click "Setting" to edit your profile. Step by step instructions for setting up your profile page are available here.
13. I have set up my profile but don’t see it on the site. Did I do something wrong?
The reason you do not see your organization appearing in search results may be because the keywords and tags have not been set up accurately. You can enter in common search words in the "Keywords and Tags" tab to help people find you by name, cause, zip code, or other search terms related your organization. Check that each keyword is separated by a semicolon to make sure that your profile is pulled up correctly with the search engine.
If after making these changes you still do not see your profile page, please submit a support ticket to Click & Pledge or join Live Support.
14. My organization uses a DBA name and my profile is displaying a name not recognized by our donors. Can I edit this?
Yes, this will require you to change the registration information. You can edit this by logging in to the Click & Pledge Portal at clickandpledge.com then in Launcher go to the GiveBig platform. Then click “Edit Profile” and edit the field Organization “Display” Name. Refer to instructions to Create & Manage Profile for more information.
15. Can I edit contact information in my profile?
Yes, you can. Please see these instructions on how to make these edits.
16. What control does the CFNRV have over my page?
The Community Foundation cannot access your profile page to make changes. We do reserve the right to set guidelines for page style and content, to request that you remove content, and to remove you from the site if your organization fails to comply with the guidelines or terms and conditions.
17. Can I set up more than one profile page if my organization hosts multiple programs?
Yes, if your organization serves as an umbrella organization for several programs or as a fiscal agent for other organizations, you can set up an individual profile page for each. Please contact Jessica Wirgau at the Community Foundation at email@example.com with a list of the programs for which you’ll be needing individual pages. She will connect you to the appropriate person at Click & Pledge to get you moving.
18. Can I customize the receipts that my donors receive?
Yes, you can customize the thank you message when setting up your profile page.
19. How do I reflect matching funds or cash donations given to the organization on GiveBigNRV Day?
If you are accepting cash donations on-site for GiveBigNRV Day or receive a check for GiveBigNRV Day, you can reflect these funds in your profile page total by manually entering in the amounts. Refer to these instructions
20. Does anyone else have access to my donor information?
21. When a donation is made when does it hit my bank account? And when do the fees get deducted?
For accounts opened prior to January 1, 2019:
TSYS is the online banking system partner for Click & Pledge and GveBigNRV. TSYS will deduct the funds from the card holder’s account and deposit to the organization bank account. TSYS will not hold the organization’s funds for any amount of time. Funds are deposited 48 hours after the transaction.
TSYS will deposit the full dollar amount of the transaction and then pull from the bank account on the following month the transaction fees. TSYS will send out a statement to the organization around the 1st of each month. This statement (which is a month delayed statement) will show to the organization the amount that TSYS will deduct (for credit card processing fees) on the 10th of each month. TSYS cannot deduct their fees from the deposits to the organization’s bank account.
For account opened on or after January 1, 2019:
TSYS will deduct the processing fees of 3.75% + $.37 per transaction prior to the direct deposit of the funds into the participating organization’s bank account. The direct deposit fee of $1.50/day for any day gifts are received will also be deducted prior to direct deposit. You may access settlement details within Click & Pledge reports.
For any questions about transaction fee processing, please contact Click & Pledge
22. What happens if a donor chooses to make a donation anonymously?
If a donor chooses to make a donation anonymously, the donor's name will not be published on the GiveBigNRV website. The nonprofit that receives the donation will still have access to donor contact and donation information and is responsible for maintaining the anonymity of the donor.
23. Where do I get my donor information from and how do I run a report?
You can run a donor report by visiting the Click & Pledge portal. Click here for instructions.
24. How do I become eligible for a GiveBigNRV Giving Day prize or matching grant?
In order for your organization to be eligible for a GiveBigNRV Giving Day prize or matching grant you must:
• Register your organization on the site at least 3 weeks before the giving day.
• Have the following on your profile page one week prior to the giving day:
o Organization logo (submitted as both a small and medium avatar through your profile page)
o A description of your organization
o Updated donation box (that is, the box cannot have the default setting of $10 Donate for…)
• Component funds of the CFNRV (endowed or pass-through funds held at the CFNRV) are not eligible to receive any prize or giving day grant.
25. How are prize and matching grant winners chosen?
• An organization may not win more than one random prize.
• Grant parameters are set by the CFNRV together with the sponsoring donor. All grants distributed based on the number of donors are based on the number of unique donors (as defined by email address) and not the number of transactions made by the donor. That is, a donor who makes 5 transactions to give to your organization will be counted as one unique donor not five. The minimum donation amount to be counted toward a giving day grant is $10. An organization cannot receive more than one giving day grant.
• CFNRV component funds are not eligible for any giving day prizes or grants.
26. How can I get additional help if I need it?
You can get tips and answers to questions by visiting the Click & Pledge Knowledge Base, you can submit a ticket for assistance, or you can get free live support Monday-Thursday at 3pm.